OS X Lion on S10e

Discussion on installing OS X

Moderator: SilverZero

Forum rules
The S netbook is NOT an Apple product and was never intended to run Mac OSX. Fortunately, enthusiasts have found ways to make OSX run on our netbook. However, the process may not be smooth for some. Make sure you have patience and time to get it to run. Most importantly, motivation to read and learn. This forum contains enough information to get OSX running. Most problems you may encounter can be solved just by reading through the forums or searching. So please take the time and read through the forums!

Re: OS X Lion on S10e

Postby rolf » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:50 am

Hello there to all of you.

I'm very sorry for my long abstinence, but I have been quite very busy lately. Trying to catch up with all the posts here in this thread, that have been written in the last few months ;)

Well first of all: Has anyone of you maybe made some success on your S10(e) or on any other 32-bit-only Intel Atom CPU with Lion? I know it works well on 64-bit-CPUs (including Atom and any other Core 2 * and Core i*).

@ goldenchan:
1. If you are experiencing KPs during shutdown/reboot you'll likely have to use a kernel extension called EvOReboot.kext (at it helped to me sometimes)
2. I don't know what NIC the S10-3c uses, but as far as I know it was also a common problem with Snow Leopard (-> missing driver ;) )
3. I guess it's probably the same as with no. 2 - what WiFi card are you using? The same BCM4312 that is built into the S10(e)?
4. Have you tried a PS2 kext? Maybe the one I included does not work for S10-3c, but I really don't know :D
5. that's correct - Apple never used the X3150 in any official product of them, so we won't have any chance of getting fully accelerated graphics with this model (and as far as I know there isn't a driver for that model as well - at least when I was looking about half a year ago, I didn't find one for this model :S)

About your DSDT-file: I'd always recommend using one, and it's not very hard to create your own ;) You just need a bootable Linux-Live CD and about 5 minutes time to create your own DSDT (own is always better than a file you have downloaded anywhere in the web :p) Just use this guide: http://www.lesswatts.org/projects/acpi/ ... ngDSDT.php OR just look here for more guides if the Linux-guide won't work: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/DSDT

If you wan't to use 802.11n in your Ideapad, you could just simply use a genuine Apple 802.11n-card. Of course they are expensive, but sometimes with very much luck you can find very cheep ones on eBay ;) And they are working on Windows as well!

I hope I could still help you, even though your post is made quite a while ago :(

@ brian_constante:
For Lion you need at least this hardware:
- (dual core) processor with 64-bit (Intel Core 2 Duo/Quad or i3/5/7)
- hard drive actually doesn't matter :p SATA+AHCI works fine
- memory: you should at least have 2 gigs of RAM, 4 would be fine!
Ideapad S10e black - OS X Snow Leopard & Lion - genuine Apple Atheros Airport card
rolf
Experienced

Color and Model: S10e black
OS(s) installed: OS X 10.6.7

Advertisement

Previous

Return to Installation