VoodooHDA

All versions of Mac OS X

Moderator: SilverZero

Forum rules
The S netbook is NOT an Apple product and was never intended to run Mac OSX. Fortunately, enthusiasts have found ways to make OSX run on our netbook. However, the process may not be smooth for some. Make sure you have patience and time to get it to run. Most importantly, motivation to read and learn. This forum contains enough information to get OSX running. Most problems you may encounter can be solved just by reading through the forums or searching. So please take the time and read through the forums!

Re: VoodooHDA

Postby jimjar » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:02 am

Bpl07, have you tried the internal or external mics with version 0.2.2 ?
jimjar
Experienced

Color and Model: S10e
OS(s) installed: Ubuntu Netbook Remix and OSX Snow Leopard

Advertisement

Postby bpl07 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:50 am

Yes, with the preference pane they act in the same way as 0.2.1 (both take input, only external is usable). The improvements for this version are saving the settings and enabling right/left balance.
bpl07
Expert

Color and Model: Black S10e
OS(s) installed: OSX W7

Postby zounder1 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:55 am

So I am wondering which kext I should install.

There are two downloads available on this thread... graciously provided by folks with enough skill to compile the kext on an s10.

Or, should I use the one provided at:
http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,139.0.html

The second download with prefpane seems to include a compiled KEXT as well.

I am unsure as it appears the ones in this thread are compiled with older code, while the voodooprojects.org one is a newer code base?

I'm actually not too fussed about the mic working yet. But I find my machine is a rather flakey when playing some videos (I have some that always crash my OSX s10) and want to try a different audio output option to see if it helps. So far, the videos that tanked my system play flawlessly without sound drivers installed.

I have used the newer voodoopowermini kexts as well in the hopes that fixes things as well. I am reinstalling with the DellEFI guide at this site if that makes a difference in my choice.

Thanks.
zounder1
New User

Color and Model: s10e

Postby bpl07 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:08 am

Use the second download on the voodooprojects page, it's version 0.2.2 and it works with the prefpane. The kexts in this thread are for version 0.2.1 which don't save settings.
bpl07
Expert

Color and Model: Black S10e
OS(s) installed: OSX W7

Postby neba » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:13 am

Any updates on the crackling sound after standby? I know there is a workaround, but that's not really a solution.
Check out PrizeRebel. It's simple. Fill out surveys to earn points. Then use the points for FREE MS Points and Live Subscription Cards. I suggested using 10MinuteMail and completing the offers that require email confirmation first. They are the easiest.
neba
Experienced

Color and Model: Black S10
OS(s) installed: OS X 10.6.1 -WinXP on VMware-

Postby zounder1 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:57 am

As an FYI, the workaround for the crackling sound does not work for every. See my comment here:
http://s10lenovo.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2269
zounder1
New User

Color and Model: s10e

Postby j3tang » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:58 pm

I'm using the DellEFi1.2alpha5 install and wondering if anyone knows why I'm having a weird issue with this VoodooHDA.kext?
When I put the kext into the /Extra/Mini9Ext folder and run UpdateExtra.app and reboot, I don't get any sound. However, if I install the .kext using kext helper, it installs with no problems.
DropBox Referral Link: https://www.getdropbox.com/referrals/NTEwMzQ1NzU5
2gb of online storage free, plus you get an extra 250mb of storage, I get an extra 250mb of storage. Perfect for netbook users!
j3tang
Beginner

Postby adelyte » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:25 am

i'm having prob getting voodooHDA to work.

how do i install file properly? unzip on desktop, then double click to install?

sorry for my noob question.
adelyte
New User

Color and Model: White S10
OS(s) installed: Winxp + Linux Mint + Mac OSX

Postby j3tang » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:02 pm

adelyte wrote:i'm having prob getting voodooHDA to work.

how do i install file properly? unzip on desktop, then double click to install?

sorry for my noob question.

You need to either use kext loader or if you used the DellEFi install, you need to put the .kext file into the extra/mini9ext folder and run the ExtraUpdate app (the second method hasn't worked for me).
DropBox Referral Link: https://www.getdropbox.com/referrals/NTEwMzQ1NzU5
2gb of online storage free, plus you get an extra 250mb of storage, I get an extra 250mb of storage. Perfect for netbook users!
j3tang
Beginner

Postby snowspeeder101 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:04 pm

On estimate, how long does it take for Voodoo to realease new versions? It would be wonderful if the built-in mic worked 100%!!!
snowspeeder101
New User

Color and Model: Black s10e
OS(s) installed: OSX86 Windows 7

PreviousNext

Return to Mac OS X